View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 01:17 PM   #22
lindabaker
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Canada's Inuit notice the Sun is not where it should be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking View Post
Interesting...I remember somewhere in one of eXchangers posts saying that the stars were in all different positions...I have also read this elsewhere..I'll try to track it down...if this is the case where will the new poles be ?? I read somewhere that they would be somewhere in Russia???

viking
Hello, Viking. I also read eXchanger's post about the different position. She said 13 degree differential. My "eyeball trend analysis" was 15 degrees, based on a reference point at the back of my property (forested mountains). So, my estimate was fairly close to her information. I was "off" only two degrees out of 360. Now, what I will do is take a photo on Jan. 19 because I have a photo of the sunrise from last year on that date. Of course, there will be those who say that it isn't "scientific" nor "provable" but those are just terms that can be used for or against an argument. In the event of cloud cover forecast for that week, I will take photos a few days before or after, just in case. Then, we can check it out to see if the sunrise appears behind a different section of the horizon. LB
lindabaker is offline   Reply With Quote