View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 12:30 AM   #39
HORIZONS
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Fear Mongering. Get off it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Shorz View Post
a friend was with me on the walk and the moment I saw the snake my first thought went to her safety, I reached behind me taking her hand to direct her to a different path...

I have been tested many times that is just one I remember because it was so recent.

I was down at the beach one day with my sisters and all of their families, and my kids were grabbing my hand pulling me to head out and play in the waves but I had a feeling and told them to wait for a bit.

Suddenly my hair was standing I knew something was wrong so I jumped to my feet and looked around and then I saw it. A small toddler was climbing under a bridge the sand was pushed up so it was blocking the flow of water forming a small pool beneath.

I sprinted across the beach not even remembering my feet touching the sand as I watched him tip forward head first into the water his arms too short to push himself free.

There was barely enough room for me so I dove in head first under the bridge catching a foot and pulling him back so his head was clear of the water.

It took a little for me to wiggle back out from under the bridge, but I was right behind the life guard towers and they hadn't even noticed the commotion. I picked up the small child and walked back over to where my family was having a picnic and set him down on the blanket to join us.

15 minutes later the frantic parents came running up the beach calling out for their child...

They only spoke Spanish so my sisters translated what had happened...

It was close, but what we are here for...
Good posts!
HORIZONS is offline   Reply With Quote