View Single Post
Old 10-05-2008, 10:39 PM   #1
Frame Dragger
Avalon Senior Member

Default How people respond to stress

I was out on the freeway yesterday afternoon and I noticed there were, broadly speaking, two kinds of drivers out there. One group of people was driving at 50-55 mph (in all the lanes, not just in the slow lane) and the other group was people driving 70-80 mph and weaving in and out to get around the slowpokes. I was in the fast weaver group.

My take is that as we get near this nexus point people are reacting more and more according to their deeper hidden, or partially hidden motivations, and their predictions and viewpoints are becoming more extreme and polarized and less reliable.

For example, Dr. Deagle's message seemed to me to be (if sincere) a channeling of multiple probabilities rather than a serial prediction of events. It is as if all his filters got swamped by the pain and suffering he is enduring.

Likewise, Mr. Wilcock's message may seem to be self-centered and self-serving, but his own reputation and livlihood are on the line here as well. He is undoubtedly experiencing great stress as we all are.

Both of these men have commercial web sites and depend on their message for their income. One of them is going to be proved wrong.

I know in my case, because of my life history, I expect only disaster and suffering. I try constantly to correct for this, like crabbing in an airplane, or turning the wheel in a car to compensate for a wind from the side trying to push you off the road. You do what you can, and leave the rest to God, or the Truth, or whatever.

Mike
Frame Dragger is offline   Reply With Quote