View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 04:40 PM   #4
Genevieve
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: 10 Reasons to Stop Eating Beef (and other Fast Food)

I for one agree totally with your post Carol!!!

And i'm not even condoning total vegetarianism!!

But the large scale production of beautiful animals ( i have a great affinity with cows - gorgeous creatures they are) to live a life of horror- force fed grain (all Omega 6 laden as opposed to grass fed Omega 3 fats) forced to eat MEATMEAL to encourage growth, stand all their life in their own faesces!! all to make a cheap burger at the end of a sweatshop line - NOOO NOOO that is NOT good food!!

I will look into the dioxin thing in more detail Carol - but i wonder if those "burnt" particles of ash actually may come from the MEATMEAL they feed the cattle??? I have been particularly interested in the Omega 6 Omega 3 fat relation in the human diet - and i cant post the sources right this moment BUT suffice to say that where an ideal diet would havea ratio of about 60/40 6/3 ratio - the modern diet is almost exclusively omega6!

When people used to eat meat it was primarily grass fed and therefore omega 6 free - but nowadays everything is grain fed and supplemented with further additions of meatmeal which is also Omega 6 rich.

All our processed foods have flours and fats included and none of them are Omega 3 sources.

The efffect a saturation of Omega 6 has on our body is that it "hardens" the cell walls on a molecular level which slows metabolism, hinders transfers of vital nutrients to cells as well as inhibiting the function of the endocrine system of the body. It has been observed as a potential precursor to various auto-immune diseases such as asthma, diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis etc.

And apart from all that - before I had even seen a Mcdonalds in my entire life i was already outraged that vast amounts of south america were cleared to graze the cattle (before the allotments) so that some little fat kids in America could munch on a burger!!! lol Now that was a long time ago obviously BUT what the hell is gonna happen when a country the size of China decides it NEEDS a burger outlet on every street corner .....?
Genevieve is offline   Reply With Quote