View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 01:12 PM   #642
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Default Re: Love and beauty are pervading our world...

Children of the World, The
by: Atira Hatton, Angels and Miracles...

On my latest trip to Egypt something happened that I would like to share with you. This incident is based on my belief that the children of the world are mine and yours.

One morning as I walked to the souk (street where vendors sell things in small shops) I saw a little street person. She was only 4 or 5 years old.

This tiny child was picking up old, half-eaten bread from the dirty street and eating it.

She was not asking people for money, she was foraging for food. When I saw this, I knew I had to do something.

I went over and, in my best half-Arabic and half-English, I tried to speak with her.

The dirty little street child looked up with beautiful brown eyes and stared at me.

She stepped back, frightened, so I took her small hand in mine and walked along the shops asking in Arabic, "Do you speak English?" until I found a man who said, "Yes, why?"

I asked the man to tell the little girl that if she would follow me to the nearest food cart, I would buy her food. He asked me why I would do such a thing for a beggar.

I told him that she had not begged me for anything and she was eating off the street.

He told the little girl what I had said. Then I asked him, "How much should it cost me for the pocket bread with beans in it?" he smiled and explained two pounds, or about 50 cents.

Read full story here:
http://www.inspirationalstories.com/5/590.html

Love Always
mudra
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote