View Single Post
Old 11-01-2008, 03:43 AM   #25
Allie
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The Bible and the Evil God: Lies, deception & brainwashing

Hi EdwardI recognise the names you mention - Leadbeater and Besant - and have read some of their works. Alice Bailey was from that same source, although I think some of the theosophists parted company due to a disagreement in how the society should be run.

Alice wrote some 35 books, around 30 of which are said to be dictations from Djwahl Kuhl. She is said to have been the successor to Blavatsky, but there are some glaring differences between them. I would imagine if you google Bailey, you'll find more information than you could hope to get through as she is deemed to be the person who started the whole 'New Age' thing off. She's also as famous as Blavatsky.

I really wanted to like Bailey, but actually couldn't tell which side of the fence she was on. She appeared to speak with great wisdom out of one side of her mouth, and then spout what I can only describe as wildly inaccurate, racist comments out of the other. I have read all the explanations for this given by those who seek to protect her name (and DK's I'd imagine) but regardless, anyone with a reasonable understanding of history and an astute brain could run a tank through both Alice's words and the subsequent explanations for them. There were other things that I couldn't get past with Alice (DK?)

When I started down my own particular path (which arose due to some pretty startling psychic experiences) I felt pulled towards the AM's. However, I linked up with a number of people who either have internet sites or have written books, but who all knew each other.

It's a long story but it became impossible to know the truth. I know that intuitively, the feeling I had was always one of unease and akin to 'deception'. I do not believe the people I met were intentionally fraudulent in any shape or form - I just became uneasy with who or what they were channelling. Something just wasn't right.

Because I was discovering Bailey at around this time, I was bewildered by it all. Would an enlightened being (DK) really channel such unfortunate, racist comments? Or was it Bailey's mind poking through? I had similar thoughts about Blavatsky at times.

Bailey takes the same view of God that you outlined in your post - which is why I thought you might be familiear with her work

As mentioned, I did read something which is supposed to have come from Kuthumi, denoucing come of Bailey's work but a) it was not clear which aspects he meant and b) it came from the Summit Lighthouse which is now denounced by some.

Anyway - I've waffled on, haven't I?
Allie is offline   Reply With Quote