View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 01:48 AM   #17
ranma187
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Dream Travelling

That's amazing Shaynard! And have you noticed how both our Avatars have the same Symbol, but just presented differently?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraineeHuman View Post
I'd like to suggest it's a very valuable idea to keep a diary and pen next to your bed. Then, when you wake up, to write down as many fragments of dream(s) you can remember. You have to do it straight away, or your ego/darkside/pain-body will quickly wipe all trace of them out of your short-term memory.
Yes, That's what I do. I have a notepad by my bed and just jot notes down.

I also find it helpfull to jot the dreams down in point form: putting each segment of the dream into a word. That way When I'm on my computer typing dreams down i can look at the word so the whole dream comes flooding back to me.

Another tip is to train yourself to wake up periodically throughout the night. Use an alarm clock or drink water before bed. Once you've established this routine you can remember a few dreams from each REM cycle. Melatonin can help with this as well. Melatonin is a chemical naturally produced by our brains while we sleep. A few mgs O melatonin puts you in a deeper sleep, and then gives your brain a bounce back effect to wake you up, or make your dreams more vivid and memorable. I actually use melatonin regularly to help me sleep better, since often my mind goes haywire with thoughts before sleep.
ranma187 is offline   Reply With Quote