View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 08:15 PM   #124
Czymra
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Nexus 2012 groundcrew network

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudra View Post
Czymra do you think we could use Platial as well to pinpoint the sites that people will have chosen worldwide and have an instant view of the areas covered like Alchemikey did on the nexus 2012 website ?

Also the file you made I can't open on my Mac. In what application does it open ?
http://www.2shared.com/file/4732550/...es_260109.html

Thank you for the good idea indigochild and thank for your good work Czymra

kindness
mudra
Please elaborate on the Platial? Do you mean the tectonic plates?

As for the file, you need to use Google Earth, which is available for both Mac and PC. Once installed and running, from the Menubar (at the top of the desktop for mac, at the top of the program window for PC) choose "Open" and then choose the KLM file. It will then bring up the markers on the left hand side inside "Places" and then inside the Folder "Temporary Places" you will get a list of the currently logged Nexus sites.

Double clicking on a marker will take you there, to edit either ctrl+click (mac) or right-click (mac and pc) on a marker and choose "Get Info". When in this edit mode you can drag the marker around or change name and description.

If you are happy with editing don't forget to Export a new KLM file with a new date and upload it somewhere for the rest of us.
To export, right-click or ctrl+click on the "Nexus Sites xxxxxx" item in the left and choose "Save Place as". You'll then be given a dialogue to specify the filename, just set a new current date, the format, choose KML here NOT KMZ, and then of course where you want to save it on your hard drive.

Hopefully no two people will be conflicting by doing this process at the same time.

As time goes on we can also add the Becker Hagens grid or other grids to this KML file to have a more precise understanding of where those energy spots really are. Also it might be helpful to draw in that sine wave that Phied is using, at some point. I haven't done this before but the "Tools" section reveals Polygons so I think it might be possible.

Again, though, this needs much correction and of course all the new sites. It took me quite a while to enter those and I really have to take care of other business now, so if somebody could have a look, I think it wouldn't be too time intensive with a big payoff, Indigochild really was spot on here. Maybe Samarkis can profit from this as well. She's the lord of sites as I understand.
Czymra is offline   Reply With Quote