View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 04:23 PM   #1
ADAM KADMON
Avalon Senior Member

Default *** Opinions on an Approach to Subscription Based Forum Model ***

Howdy All,

I've seen everyone's perspective on the paid subscription model for this forum, and hope offer an alternative perspective.

We people do normally donate for things that we believe in. Whether it's hungry children starving in Africa, Cancer research - or in a case like this, Information.

We people will also PAY for the things we need. Bill and Kerry have decided on asking their followers to pay for this forum. Thus, we inevitably ask ourselves if this is something we need. As PAY and need together. The things we pay for that we do not need are things we WANT. So must either need or want to participate here enough to pay for it.

The poll shows that 77% of people do not feel the need or want to participate on this particular forum enough to pay for it. The amount being trivial, $1 or $12 makes no difference.

However, each and every one of us do BELIEVE and support in what Bill and Kerry are doing ~ that's why we are here. We are here on common grounds and each support this movement in one degree or another. I for one do - and will - donate for causes which I believe in.

If Bill and Kerry were to simply ask for a nominal donation, of whatever you feel you could afford, rather than insist we pay ~ do you feel would be a more appropriate approach? One you would feel positive about making?

If and when the option or link is made available to donate to this thread, I will lead the way and be the first to make a contribution. Especially if our donation gave us access to a higher degree of information, or with it was included a DVD or CD not released to the public.

In fact, an incentive like this would assure a donation from me personally and I would feel very positive having chosen to give willingly rather than being pushed.

I hope this post is received in light and will facilitate positive response in a timely manner,

Adam K.

ADAM KADMON is offline   Reply With Quote