View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 11:32 PM   #713
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The ego what is it? How to transcend?

Hello Chris,

That meant so much more to me than all the philosophizing. It helps me to see what you really experienced and processed to get where you are now.

One thought was that if a person is successful in stopping to drink then it gives a chance for their liver to heal and it seems that mis-emotional states can be associated with toxins in the liver, although it is not simply a physical issue

The obvious also, is that we are confronting our own ego imbalances, putting our attention on it, so I guess we are receiving the fruits of our labors, not just dancing around the issue with armchair philosphizing/intellectualizing.

I like to imagine that there is some point where we no longer look back and I will know what I need to know to make sure I never get myself in this fix again (unless I want to, lol).

Also, it seems that in my case the peeling away of ego imbalances leaves me feeling like I have it all wrapped up until I hit the next layer, lol. "Darn, I thought I cleared all that out!" is my usual first response.

I have never used my methods or modalities yet to help someone who has urges towards alcohol, but I suppose I would simply treat it as another compulsion. Remains to be seen.
Gnosis5 is offline   Reply With Quote