View Single Post
Old 11-21-2008, 02:16 PM   #5
FreedomRock
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: GET FOOD SUPPLIES ASAP - Food Riots Looming Again in 2009 - FAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg222 View Post
Yes, I have a food supply site to consider:

www.tropicaltraditions.com Sells lots of Philipine coconut products. I recommend a case or two of COCONUT CREAM CONCENTRATE. This food is very high energy, tasty and stores well over time plus its relatively low glicemic (sp?) (creates little rise in blood sugar).

Another food type I recommend is powdered greens of the health store variety. If you buy it by the case you will get your best deal. The powder stores well over long periods of time and provided an incredible supply of vitamins, minerals, foods and supplements. If you get the right brand, the taste can be quite good, too.

My last tip: get a gravity fed water purifier: BERKEY and DOULTON are two good brands that come to mind. Pour mudpuddle water in the top and out comes bacteria free drinking water. If you are near a fresh water source (lake, pond, stream, river) and have plenty of filters for your purifier unit, you will be in good shape. Plus consider, if you have access to a large supply of clean drinking water, you will have a very desirable commodity to trade for other supplies since EVERYONE must have water daily yet almost NOBODY thinks about water ahead of time for catastrophes.
Good advice. I order from trop traditions often. They run deals all the time too. The Berkey filters are outstanding in my opinion also. I've had the Berkey Light for about 3 years and haven't needed to replace a thing. I'm about to buy a backup set of black berkeys though as part of my stocking up.
FreedomRock is offline   Reply With Quote