View Single Post
Old 01-31-2009, 08:54 PM   #16
PhiedPiper
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Nexus 2012: give your feed back to Phied's music designed for our meditations

Hi everyone,

thanks for the comments so far. I'm going to definitely be making several changes in total agreement with everything that has been mentioned.

The only question is whether I can get it done for next week - chances are it will have to wait for the following month. We can use this file for next weekend and begin the extended version the following month? I realize it may be a little short. Here are the changes I'll be making:

- extending to 1h15m
- addition of bowl resonances
- addition of flute parts
- addition of alpha binaural layer
- addition of Schumann theta layer

to answer Luminari - I am already working with Neuro-Programmer 2, I find this is a very effective program for doing rough sketches and generating the entrainment tracks themselves, before I bring the material into a proper sequencer.

to answer mudra from a question elsewhere - There is indeed a bit of research going on here in these preliminary files. I am starting to realize that the field of brainwave entrainment is very peculiar in some ways. the most prominent realization is this:

- the best entrainment tracks in the world cannot make up for the quality of the audible material. to appeal to the widest demographic, the audible material cannot fall into any of the stereotypical categories, and I find this "soundscape ambient" quality to be the most unanimously desirable. many people i feel would find other popular styles of music too "new agey" for their liking, admittedly, myself included. so there is the need to search for a universal music, and it exists.

it has its main roots going back to the classical minimalist music of the 60s and 70s. artists like brian eno certainly come to mind.

- the layering of the entrainment tracks under the audible material must be done in stages to ensure the correct pattern. this particular file introduces the gamma band solely, and this is what accounts for the reactions described by Czymra. the way to offset this should theoretically be to introduce the alpha binaural band next, and finally the schumann theta band last of all.

- the final trick is to pan the gamma and theta bands to the left and right ears respectively, while the alpha band is playing to both ears. the higher gamma frequency appeals to the left brain (enhances cognitive function in the sense that disparate information coalesces into a unified whole - the singularity is perceived), while the lower theta frequency appeals to the right (reinforcement of artistic and creative immersion). In this exact pattern, the three bands function together to holographically project a miniature lattice up into the higher harmonic bands - this is the correct way to access those hyper-gamma and lambda frequencies (not to try to entrain to them directly).

- by the same token, the lattice can be projected in the opposite direction to access the delta and epsilon frequencies (again, it is supposedly impossible to entrain to these frequencies directly).

to do this, unique waveforms should be used for each (sine, square, and triangle).

altogether this would theoretically make a very very interesting brainwave pattern indeed. so i feel that the first viable model to test is definitely in place and we're ready to go ahead.

What is exciting is that for me this confirms a model I had proposed in a research paper I published recently, that the formation of a "triad" of brainwave entrainment was the secret to obtaining the fullest capacity of the alleged "awakened mind" state (proposed by C. Maxwell Cade as far back as the 70s).

----

So we'll have to keep in mind if I can't get the next file done in time, that this particular file will be best suited towards the proposed intention and focus of exciting our own ability to function together in this way (in effect opening our portal but not yet gathering the energy from lower down to project out of it), whereas further along we will be then ready to actually deliver the energy (ie in March and onwards).

But I will still keep trying for next week! With any luck I can have it done.
PhiedPiper is offline   Reply With Quote