View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 09:07 AM   #4
Spregovori

Default Re: Turned off my TV, what a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phr0z3n View Post
So very true...I myself only watch certain channels anymore. Me and my girlfriend don't watch anything but the food network, the local news channel, and the occasional movie that may be on. ......
There is a food network? Seriously?

I used to watch a lot of TV. From the age of abut 10 till 17 I used to watch 6 hours of TV on average every day...

The reason was mostly to get away from the real stuff around me.

Surprisingly most things I "know" today came from that time. During that time I absorbed the "mind of man". It is extremely difficult to describe this. I was told I used to take toys apart as an infant. I did not just look the TV with my brains on auto-mode, I went into the people on the screen, they way they behaved, the way they were dressed, the music that accompanied them, the words that were spoken and they way they were spoken....it became real....it was real...I felt it inside of me...I felt everything that was on the screen...and it was either very exciting, thrilling, enthusiastic and also at times it was utterly devastating. I was able to re-live everything inside of me and to me it was as real as the "real" world.

I saw "humanity" in its fullest.

As strange and confusing as this can sound - I learned a lot and still today when I "watch" a move...I see it differently in a ways hard to explain to someone that is just watching it.

I later realized the amount of time I put for this...and was horrified, so I stopped.