View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 06:24 AM   #21
Digi
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: David Wilcock's latest Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by raoulduke666 View Post
Hmm...how many times has he been wrong and why is Project Camelot/Avalon still listening to him? Let me guess, timelines are always changing right?
David is actually pretty good for not making predictions that don't come true, mainly because he seems careful to not make many predictions at all.

You may wish to indict him for getting the November 27th date wrong, but he actually never went public with it. He never said November 27th at all to anyone in public, before the date. Bill Ryan did, and associated the remark with Wilcock, and David said he believed that disclosure would "most likely" be before Christmas, but that if it wasn't it would probably be early in the new year. He says he didn't go public with 27/11 because he felt it would prevent it from happening, and that he believes Bill Ryan making the date public made it impossible to go ahead with. Make of that what you will, but a failed prediction it is not.

And besides, when did being wrong about stuff become a reason to be completely ignored? It's okay to get things wrong from time to time. People who say "this prediction comes from God, and there is no way it can be wrong" you ought to scrutinize. David, though, says his disclosure prediction is based on a some intuitive data, his interpretation of current affairs, and some insider testimony; he says he's "fairly sure" that it's going to come out in the next few months. If it doesn't, well then what? Deride him, brand him a fraud, and crucify him? Weather men get stuff wrong all the time, but that doesn't mean meteorology isn't a valid science, nor does it mean those particular meteorologists are hoaxers. If someone can demonstrate an ability to predict the future of certain topics, at an accuracy rate above random, then I'm going to pay attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpif View Post
Hi,
Is that true?
I thought it was David on C2C who gave away the alleged disclosure date first?

I'm quite sure it is. I followed it very closely from the moment he said he was expecting disclosure to the moment the 27th based without incident, and at no point did I hear him say that. In fact, the only time he mentioned the subject of dates was to say that he wouldn't be giving one.

If you, or anyone else can find a record of him saying it would be the 27th, I'd be very interested to see. PM me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminari View Post
I am going to say this again, and I'm going to keep saying it until everyone on the forum understands the concept;

The most EGOIC thing you can do is accuse another person of EGO

think about that.
I can't tell if you're being ironic in reiterating something David himself has said. It was silly when he said it, and if you're being serious, it's silly now. In saying that, he accuses anyone who is accusing him of ego... of ego, and therefore is guilty of ego himself. This, I'm sure, creates some sort of recursive paradox, in that it implicitly accuses oneself of ego. Not that being egoistical is even a capital offence. I'm pretty big head myself, and look, I'm working on it, but I'm not going to beat myself up over it, I just need to be aware that whatever my estimation of myself, or my exploits might be, I should probably cut it in half if I want it to realistically interface with the world.

If I had to give David advice on the matter, it would be that if you find yourself in a situation where you're being "accused" of egotism so often that you blog about it, you might want to think about how egotistical you are. It could be that people are mad at you about your opinions on the president, and therefore are sending you email about your ego, or it could be that they just think you've got a big ego.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Janitor View Post
I don't see an ego with Wilcock.

No point in getting hung up on things that aren't there.
Again, this is such a ludicrous thing to say that I'm not sure if I'm completely missing some intended irony.

David Wilcock has a monumental ego. Again, my saying this shouldn't be interpreted as my desire to see him burned alive, or any of that stuff - nor is it in anyway an indictment of his work - it's just a fact as I perceive it - he, like me, is a huge big-head. I'm not sure how anyone can read more than 3 of his blog posts and not come away with that. Whether it's mentioning he is a "virtuoso" drummer, or claiming that people at his conference enjoyed "one of the peak moments of their lives", David rarely seems to miss the opportunity to highlight his good points.

So in summary: big ego - let's notice it, and then forgive it.

Last edited by Digi; 12-28-2009 at 10:49 AM.
Digi is offline   Reply With Quote