View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 02:26 AM   #693
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

Default Re: Why is Kinsuemei2 banned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ryan View Post
Dear All,

in the next few hours the mods will receive more written messages from 'Heather' in the form of a compilation of Avalon PMs and Facebook messages.

Let's see if those were dictated, too.

When the mods have all the available information, they will make the call about whether Kinsuemei2 was a hoaxer.

This is what's at stake - because he posted this information on his thread. It's not just dragging the Avalon Forum into Camelot's business. It IS Avalon's business.

If the mods decide he was a hoaxer, then he should be banned - in my strong opinion.

If he was not a hoaxer, then he should be reinstated.

I suggest that at this stage the evidence (not including the new written material we've not seen) is so overwhelming that not all these things can be true...

1) Heather was real
2) Heather was an MD
3) Heather was a black projects whistleblower

... that the onus is on Kinsuemei to show that the above items ARE true. He has the clear opportunity to do this. I'm waiting.

If she really was an MD, for instance, her name will be on public record.

If she really was killed in a traffic accident, there will be a police report in Berlin. (I can get that, if I know what name and date to request.)

So the ball is in the mods' court on this one. I suggest that what I've tabled above is reasonable.

This interesting drama is the result of both Kerry and myself each caring so much about Camelot's work. Paradoxically, the dissonance here is a product of Camelot's strength.

In Kerry's case, she doesn't want to see someone she regards as a potential whistleblower (assumed as such unless proven otherwise) being hurt and damaged. That is an honorable intention.

In my case, I consider this IS proven (but Kerry doesn't agree with my data evaluation) - and I don't want to see Camelot's reputation suffer by one of us believing and posting false information which (if so) can only damage the platform we provide for the REAL whistleblowers out there. That's honorable as well.

It's this latter point which is really what this is all about. We're talking about how Camelot does due diligence on the information we receive. And that's pretty important.

When all the information about 'Heather' is available, it'll be posted for everyone to see.

My best wishes to all, Bill
The moderators have declined to become involved at this level. I posted, with permission, the letters I received from Ben, so that his side could be heard by the forum members. Kinsuemei2 has asked for his membership to be removed as he no longer wants to be involved in this. Bill Ryan has issued an apology to Ben, and given a little more information at http://projectcamelot.org

http://projectcamelot.org/
Quote:
A personal note about the Heather Anderson affair:

The document that Kerry made available for public scrutiny is a poor one, written by someone with an educational level inconsistent with that required of an insider scientist of any description.

On the Project Avalon Forum, Heather refers to herself as "Dr Anderson", and another member (Marco) who claims he knew her, refers to her as an MD (i.e. a medical doctor). I very, very much doubt that this is true.

Identical repeated typos - e.g. SOLIDER for 'soldier' - occur in Ben Murphy's writing. Ben Murphy is the Project Avalon member, named in the published PDF, who claims that Heather was a real person whom he knew, and who, frightened and on the run, stayed with him and his wife for a while.

E-mails from both Ben and Heather have identical IP addresses. However, Ben explains this by saying that all Heather's messages were dictated by her to him. He also states that this is the reason the same dyslexic mistakes (SOLIDER, etc) occur in both his writing and hers.

When all the above became clear, I accused Ben of hoaxing the material, and banned him from the Project Avalon forum. I apologize to him here as there was not enough evidence - and more on the subject of evidence follows below - to justify a definite ban as a hoaxer.

I was angry that Camelot was being played. Indeed, Heather does seem to have been a real person. Camelot may indeed be being played, but not by Ben. A number of people are working quite hard on getting to the bottom of this little tangle on the grounds that it's just possible that what emerges might be important and valuable. For instance, we've recently heard that Heather is not dead after all, but has recently sent a message stating that she is in Strasbourg.

In the meantime, my strong personal opinion is that this is a waste of Camelot's time, and that we should focus on real whistleblowers (and real people) with provenance who are able to produce compelling evidence to support their claims. It's unfortunate that any of this reached the public. At best, it's a distraction. At worst, this is a sting operation against Project Camelot with the intention of discrediting our research.

In my view, those following our work expect us to apply intelligent due diligence to cross-check information that comes our way before publication. Also in my view, we have a duty of responsibility as gatekeepers, respected and followed by tens of thousands of people worldwide, to check the provenance of the information we record and report as carefully as possible while working in an arena which is awash with accidental and deliberate disinformation. It's my personal commitment to do good, solid research while remaining open to genuinely new and startling information - because the universe, as Sir Arthur Eddington famously stated, is not only queerer than we suppose, but queerer than we can suppose.

It's easy to make mistakes, or to be fooled by those with compelling cover stories and resources to back them up. I commend Kerry for her unstinting support for whistleblowers of every kind - and there are many kinds. We don't always get it right, and have both made mistakes. The nature of our work over the last three and a half years would have required one to be superhuman not to have been on a learning curve.

Our learning continues. We're pledged to share our journey with our readers and viewers. Kerry and I are united in our passion for the truth, and are both committed to giving our best to help the world become a better place through the free flow of information that has been withheld from the public by those who wish to control us for reasons of their own.

--Bill
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote