View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 05:06 AM   #21
happyhollergal
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Jesus speaks today: Inner teachings from Jesus through one of his messengers

Should we accept every claim of the true words of Jesus to be exactly that? Billy Meier claims that Jesus survived the crucifixion and was healed by friends of Joseph of Aramethia, and that Jesus then went with Judas Iscariat (his scribe) to live and teach in India, where he married, had children and died at around 112-115 years of age. I agree that one should only accept what resonates within him/herself. The trouble is, this world has been manipulated for thousands of years, even before Jesus' time, through the so-called word of God in the bible. Religions have killed people for not believing their teachings. Who are the "chosen"? The children of Israel? If that be so, where does that leave the rest of humanity? I apologize if I seem to be anti-Christ, I assure you I am not. Until about 15 months ago, I was a bible believing southern Baptist and could not be swayed from my teachings. Then, my eyes were opened and I was shown how deceived I have been for 46 years on this earth. Basically, my question is this; Why do people lead others to believe things that are written about God/Jesus as truth, when they themselves do not know this to be factual? Why not simply suggest something be read and digested and allow for discussion, rather than take the position that these words are indeed true, which may lead someone down another false road, in their honest search for truth? In our search for what is real and what is not, it can be very tempting to believe many new ideas. All that said, I do believe that each of us has the gift of discernment if we only search for it.
happyhollergal is offline   Reply With Quote