View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010, 10:36 PM   #123
Frank Samuel
Project Avalon Moderator

Talking Re: Being humble - a key to eternity

A BIG HUG to our spiritual mother and sister Mudra. You know that I am a very very happy man to see your words of wisdom are shining on the shores of the Avalon forums. You are the beacon of light whose guiding the ships keeping them from crashing into each other. Through my children I have learn what humility is all about. Today I was call by my daughter at school and told me that her teacher wanted to talk to me. She wanted me to know that she was a good student and insisted that I talk to all her teachers, one of the teaches confiscated her cell phone because she and other students where using their cell phones in class. I was amazed that these students between the ages of 10 yrs old to 14 yrs. old all had cell phones. Puerto Rico holds the number one spot in the most cell phone minutes used per population in the world. We visited all her teachers and she's doing very good. My daughter lives with her mother from a previous marriage a few hours away from where I live. The thing is that my daughter is a very mature 14 yr. old kid, all her teachers concur. I feel bad because I do not spend enough time with her yet she comforted me and told me not to worry because she was doing alright. How can I not be humble by this kid who shows such emotional maturity at such an early age.
Humility for me is acknowledging the beauty and greatness of other human beings, people like Ghandi, Mandela, Martin Luther King Jr., Desmond Tutu, Biko, Mother Theresa of Calcutta so many people who amid the suffering gave their hearts to help those in need without expecting anything in return.
These names and many more are edge in my heart as I try to learn from them and many more to be a better human being and Father.

Blessings to all...
Frank Samuel is offline   Reply With Quote