View Single Post
Old 03-14-2010, 10:28 PM   #111
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Being humble - a key to eternity

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippihillbobbi View Post
greybeard--

I have SUCH a history of alcoholism in my family (grandparents, parents, 1st husband, etc.), and so i have attended a fair number of AA, NA, & Adult Children of Alcoholics meetings. I really believe that these groups are some of the best examples on the planet of christianity-in-action. and yes, i too have great respect for the "Big Book." the proof's in the puddin!

Beren--

"it takes humility to see that some problem is bigger that your strength now is and that you ask for help."

so true, so true! and it breaks my heart to see how many addicts refuse help because their false pride won't allow them to "humbly admit their powerlessness." i know this seems to fly-in-the-face of our ongoing journey to "claim our inner divinity." but when your life is shattering, i think it's usually wise to "fall to our knees" FIRST, before we try to walk, run and stand.

love, my brothers
hippihill
Hi hippihill
Well said.
When I was first hospitalized age 24 or there abouts nothing was really know about alcoholism, it was not admitted to. I was in a Rock Group, You drank too much you got dried out, end of story, only it wasn't for me.

Now its accepted that its an in-curable illness and may well be in the genes.
Its not treatable by the medical profession, yes they are a great help in getting a person physically fit, but mentally no.
In AA you find true professionals in that they have done, it they know how.

Thats why I read and listen to those who are enlightened, they know.

I suggest.
We need to listen to them, those in a non-dualistic state NOW.
Not theory, but subjective experience, there may be more but thats enough for NOW.
We have the greatest opportunity now for the human race but we need to be humble enough to bow the knee and ask for help from our Creator .

Chris
Namaste.
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote