View Single Post
Old 01-07-2009, 12:37 AM   #20
Brinty
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: _AVALON LOUNGE_ Open 24 hours

Lost in a reverie, I was wending my weary way home in the wee small hours of the morning when it struck me, why was it that you only ever heard of the "wee small hours of the morning," but never the "wee small hours of the afternoon?"

Deep in thought as I puzzled over this, I became aware of sounds of gaiety. Loud voices, laughter, a jukebox playing, people dancing and singing. Suddenly I felt rejuvenated. I was no longer weary and realised I was rather thirsty. As soon as I thought of a nice cool drink, I began to feel hungry - but she slapped my face so I desisted.

Then I saw the flashing neon sign and thought to myself, "why is it upside down?" The answer soon became apparent - I was lying on the ground. That slap, like my hunger, had weakened me.

On struggling to my feet I saw it was a place called the AVALON LOUNGE_ OPEN ALL HOURS. Oh what a welcome relief. I could now wet my whistle (and have a drink too), probably even have a meal. But just as I started to walk through the door, my head started hurting - Damn, I should have opened the door first.

When I came to, I was lying on the floor under my computer desk with both our cats sitting staring at me. I told them not to say a word to anybody about the incident or their futures would be in jeopardy. Then they wanted to know where jeopardy was.

Was I dreaming? Is there a place called AVALON LOUNGE? If it takes forever, I'll keep searching for it.

I'll start looking as soon as I have had a few drinks and a decent feed - I better take some money for the jukebox too.
Brinty is offline   Reply With Quote