View Single Post
Old 03-07-2010, 10:51 PM   #697
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The ego what is it? How to transcend?

Hi 14
Maybe I miss understood you with your bits of paper.
I am just putting my thoughts out as they arise and never claimed im right.
Channeling is such mixed bag.
The whole of Avalon been on the edge of it seats with such messages as giant ufos coming to "save" us. The story rarely altered just date amended.

The message of Jesus miss understood I think. Yes we can do more on earth than he did here, but He and the Father are One so the idea that we can be more than Christ is duality.

You misunderstand Hawkins which is understand able if you have not read his books. I have been studying the teaching that flows through him every day for years. It took me over a year of being on Avalon forum before I started this thread. So it was not a small undertaking, I like my mind bing silent but I felt the subject important.

Hawkins knows without muscle testing, he is teaching readers how to do it so you can find the answers for yourself.
Muscle testing in the health field is long established as an accurate way of determining health problems, clinically tested Check out the pioneering work of Dr Diamond.
Hawkins realized the answers actually coming from the field of consciousness not a personal field.

The whole concept of Enlightenment is well documented and agreed upon.
If you accept the concept then it is believable that enlightenment is a state that cant be claimed as a personal event a there is no person left at the end of it. The ego dies.
It is a non locality state that is omnipresent, timeless. It is spoken of as "That which cannot be spoken of" as it is not a linear state. It is what remains when all that is not God is removed. Oneness remains. Either DH is in that state or he is not. I believe he is after reading his in detail accounts of his life. You are free to believe otherwise my friend.
The map of consciousness is just a linear description. The map though usefull is not the teritory just a guide on the work neede to transcend the ego level by level by level.

Sai Baba is another subject but he was taken to court in America by a family who claimed to have been abused by him. and after thorough investigation the charges were completely dropped, the prosecutors saying that the witnesses lacked validity.
Baba said of the event. "They only throw stones at a fruit bearing tree."
I dont know what Baba is but through him many people are getting free hospital treatment in India free schooling, fresh running water and he is breaking down the caste system.

Jesus in his life time was accused of consorting with low life, Mary M was accused of being a prostitute and on it went till they discredited him and crucified him.
It is very easy to jump on a band wagon and criticize. Examination in depth is required to validate any claim. I dont place my soul journey lightly in any teaching,
Dr Hawkins recommends thoroughly investigating any teacher or teaching.

I don't have the slightest problem with what people say or believe. I just share what I personally have found to be useful.
Never claimed I am right never will.
Truth speaks for itself it doesn't need me to speak for it far less defend it.

Im sorry I misunderstood you Michael, you certainly make me think, a rare occurrence

Thank you.
With Love
Chris
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote