Thread: Couchsurfing
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2010, 08:48 PM   #5
GregorArturo
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Couchsurfing

Quote:
Originally Posted by K626 View Post
Not really sure I want to be infested by smelly hippies.
Many people on CS are not dirty hippies, and its full of intellectuals and eccentrics. There are a lot of college students from around the world using it. In my opinion, not a cool comment K626.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddanieljjjamesss View Post
Have you had a lot of success with CS? I've heard of it before but was a little confused about the details. Is it a good community? Or is it a mixed bag? I am planning on traveling once I get out of school, busking on the street in major cities to make my bus fare and food money, would love to try this out.
Yeah that's what we've been doing, however, I've found it really hard to busk on the west coast. Too many pricks in towns making laws now, and Cali really doesn't like fire dancing due to their insane dryness. The couchsurfing community is a beautiful thing. At Burning Man, there was a CS camp, and one night they had a CSer meetup party and Claudia and I met CSer's from all over the world. Claudia had some crazy synchronicity while standing in line for food at the meetup as the person behind her had the same math teacher from high school in Kennebunkport, Maine (where the Bushs have their estate).

I really cannot fully express how beautiful the couchsurfing movement really is. You just have to experience it for yourself.
GregorArturo is offline   Reply With Quote