View Single Post
Old 11-26-2009, 06:49 AM   #14
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: How can we trust scientists any more?

I have very little trust of anyone or anything. This is not a psychologically well-balanced way to live...but it seems that to really get at the truth about anything...you have to listen to a bunch of diverse sources...and then read between the lines. Everything seems to be up for grabs.

I really like the Avalon approach...where people from around the world view articles, videos, and opinions...and then proceed to evaluate and comment. This teaches us Thought Triage.

I don't even trust myself. That's why I mostly ask questions...even when I think I know the answers.

Check out this thread http://projectavalon.net/forum/showt...orthodoxymoron regarding unconventional science and even unconventional biblical studies...with numerous examples of conventional views being supported by dishonest scholarship and research. What trouble me...is that once individuals and organizations go public with a view...they then proceed to defend this view with all manner of legitimate and illegitimate material...rather than honestly searching for truth. Lying seems to be the norm.

Last edited by orthodoxymoron; 11-26-2009 at 06:57 AM.
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote