View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 08:34 PM   #9
Jack
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: How can we trust scientists any more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheObserver View Post
It's one thing to be anti-corrupt scientist, it's another thing to be anti-science.
Depending on altitude, air pressure and such water boils at around 100 C/212 F and freezes at around 0 C/32 F. Is this in dispute?
Thats not my point at all

And i think that deep down you know that.

What is my point is that "science" when confronted with indisputable evidence will not recognise that isac neutons brain did not know everything (if anything other then some very minor details when compared to the scale of things) . Any establishment that rests its laurels on everything that a man said well over 400 years ago needs a smack on the ars€. For a start, the guy was wrong on one very major thing that has kept people a slave to automobiles, electricity, and all of those other things we spend 60% of our money on. "To every action there is always opposed an equal reaction" ... and you stand there and defend an institue that promotes this to this very day? May i ask, who's side are you on?

Im none for science, all for truth. And truth needs not be segregated into little frictional groups (science ; physics, biology, spirituality et al) that contradict each other around every cornor. If science was as fantastic and reliable as most people think it to be then it would indoctrinate every part of reality into its teachings instead of accepting some very evident things and dismissing some other not so evident but extremely important stuff, ie ; spirituality.

The very word science is now defined by its very existance. If at one time it defended truth above all else then so be it, but as it stands the very word science denotes the very system that has been used to enslave the human mind. And for that the very word itself no longer stands as a representation of truth, it stands for a representation of control.
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote