View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 09:55 PM   #88
morganlilith
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Playing the waiting game

i first became aware that something was going to happen in my lifetime in the late 70's/early 80's. i don't remember the exact moment, but i'd guess it was probably in 80 or 81. but i got a very clear message that there were skills i needed to learn. that there would need to be people who could do certain things after 'it' happened.

i didn't learn about 2012 until the summer of 87. i found it to be an intriguing idea, but i can't say i ever spent much time thinking about it. at this point, i have really no idea what's going to happen. the various people who's ideas i respect disagree vehemently regarding what might come down, so i'm in 'wait and see' mode. and maybe nothing noticeable will happen and life will go on with minimal interruption.

that being said, i do believe in being prepared for whatever may happen--in any event, not just thinking in terms of 2012. i think that having some food storage, open pollinated seeds and some skill at gardening and food preservation, basic first aid skills, and some knowledge for living a less technological lifestyle are all good things to have. never know what variation of zombies might show up. ;-)
morganlilith is offline   Reply With Quote