View Single Post
Old 01-01-2009, 04:43 AM   #9
Stargazer1965
Hall Monitor

Default Re: You Must Choose Soon part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyscat View Post
I think the problem is even deeper than that Stiros(not that the Fed or the Central Bank is blameless). It's the derivatives. It's banks (and people) trying to increase their income based on gambling on the derived value of an asset - and then selling that derivative to someone else, and that someone selling it to someone else. Enough banks/retirement funds/people do that, and you've got a problem, if the asset doesn't achieve it's anticipated value.

And as long as derivatives are not addressed, as long as the banksters are allowed to continue playing that game and money is fed to them to do so, we are in deep kimchee.

One of the best description of how derivatives work was done by George Ure, but I can't find it right now on either of his websites.

alys
Okay lets take this a step farther. If most wealth is speculation or debt....Who has all the gold and silver? My parents used to tell me down the road in Fort Knox but I know that can't be right. The ancient texts tell about millions of times more gold than is accounted for worldwide.....so who has it?

Next big question...Why do they want it? You can't eat it....when society breaks down...the guy down the road won't exchange you a chicken for it...he can't eat it. Okay ...we all get together and say these plastic poker chips are currency...reds are $10 US and the whites are $1 US. I'm not an economist but wasn't it just easier to mint a coin to carry in your pocket. Do we really need currency? I trade you these 6 chickens for your goat....there done and everyone is eating. I think the greed that has become a base for our society has come from wanting more coins in my pocket than the next guy. The pursuit of more than what we really need has led us down this road.

A planting stick ad some kernels of corn.

RISE OF THE SOUL
Stargazer1965 is offline   Reply With Quote