View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 07:55 PM   #904
Czymra
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: _AVALON LOUNGE_ Open 24 hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOK View Post
Of course it is...but music is still an art form..and the mesage that Metallica sends if you really listen to it..is pretty profound.
They tend to bring out the issues of society, and wether you like the message or not..it is what is going on, and where the minds of many have to live. Brought to the forefront and put right in your face...it makes you think...wow, this is how it is for some, and that is not really a good thing...it makes me mad...I want to rebel..etc. If it is used to wake um up..it's not a bad thing.
Also..Lars is one of my favorite drummers, and the music they make on a professional level is outstanding
It's not the music as such that I doubt but what is unheard. I've never felt like all those old Rock Bands that everybody seems to pray to and have kind of felt confirmed when I found out it's all satan's worship. Not that I care too much, I just wonder what it can do to me without me noticing.

Rage against the Machine, at least overtly, does exactly what it named itself after.

But hey, give me some Prodigy and I'm fizzed out so I don't want to preach. I just never heard anything that substantiated it all apart from "Stairway to Heaven" backwards but who hasn't....
Czymra is offline   Reply With Quote