View Single Post
Old 03-07-2010, 11:20 PM   #7
Steven
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Service To Others

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargueriteBee View Post
Just how far do we go in service to others. Maybe I''m in victim mode here but I am feeling used. Where and what is the line from service to others and being used? I would really appreciate your thoughts as I am new to spiritual stuff.

Edit: I could be any situation, not just my personal one.
Hello MargueriteBee . You can go as far as you want, as long as you are free and doing it with no other intend (conscious or not) than to share a bit of yourself. Service to others seen under the perspective of a parent with his/her children becomes clear. If you have children, you want your children to be cooperative together with respect and balance. Meaning it's based on a relationship where freewill and freedom is present.

If you are in service to others and it's authentical, coming from the heart, without any expectation, you are blessing yourself. It also means that you don't buy a "stairway to heaven" in being in service to others. You already have the stairway... Be yourself, if one day, you feel like not wanting to share, IT'S PERFECT!!!

Service to self, service to others, don't matters if the action doesn't come from the heart based on freewill. Never forget, BALANCE IN ALL THINGS!

Namaste, Steven
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote