View Single Post
Old 10-31-2008, 01:57 PM   #20
deb003
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Heads Up! - Bank Of America next Bank to Fall ?!?!

I think many banks are doing things differently lately.
I also think your friend has the right to complain if she feels she needs to. It's her right to ask question and get angry if that's what she feels.
I actually also have access to the money I deposit the same or next day; however, if I deposit more than $5000, then they add a 3 day post or more.
I am actually purchasing a home from Fannie Mae, and I call them Satan's bank.
It has been a total nightmare with them.
I was able to get a hardship withdrawal from my 401K for the downpayment of the property. Thank God I took all the $$ I had for the downpayment while I was watching my stocks go down the drain.
It was a foreclosed property, in brand new condition. I am all packed, changed transferred utilities, renter a moving truck.
Monday was the closing date.
Now, If i was 1 DAY late, Fannie Mae would charge me $150.00 each extra day, but I was right on time with all my document, tax return info, criminal balkground , everything.
So comes Monday and I find out that Fannie Mae is not ready to close.
Turn out Fannie Mae doesn't have ownership of the property.
Bank of America still has not transferred the Quit Claims Deed to Bank to America.
I call Fannie Mae, speak to 2 of their guy, they don't care, they are rude.
I tell them, I have a baby, I am a single mother. I will be homeless if we don't close on this house today, Friday the 31st. They say, it's no my problem, call your Lending Agent.
I call my Lending Agen, crying, what can I do.
She tells me Fannie Mae is waiting for this document from BoA and they haven't received it. She has called them, faxed, then emailed them and she told me. They really don't care who you are. They are not concerned about you.
All we can do is try to pressure them by calling, emailing to get the job done.
I got angry, and scared, I saught a real estate lawyer. He was mad, he said this sometimes happens with Foreclosure but then he tells me that he looked at my Good Faith estimate and tells me that they are RIPPING ME OFF!
They are charged me 3 times as much for Administrative fees , and 3 times as much for the title.

I asked my landlord if I could please stay another week, because the home isn't ready for me to move. I think by law I can stay, she said definitely I can stay, she will wait.

The situation for banks today I think is exceptional different. it will require so much more patience on our part because things are just so tough out there.
I can't tell you the frustration and the fact that they really don't give a **** about me and the fear of being homeless this has brought to me.
I wish I didn't deal with Fannie Mae but I have already put in $3000 down payment and will have to sit on my butt and wait.

I might change the title company and tell them that they are ripping me off, but that will take another 3 weeks to find a Title company. And I don't have the luxury of 3 weeks.

All I ask people out there is to speak your mind if feel like customer service or the bank is ripping you off; however, I am learning that especially at this day in the game, we have to pick our battles.
deb003 is offline   Reply With Quote