View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 11:52 PM   #11
Excalibur
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: George Greens predtictions

You make some great points Questiny. I don't see a nuclear wasteland in North America either. Doesn't make sense for those reasons you mentioned. It seems that in a widespread nuclear war you may successfully destroy your enemies/desired target, but would wind up killing yourself in the process (ie: Mutually Assured Destruction or MAD doctrine). The radioactive contamination will eventually find its way back to you, through winds, tides, contaminated food chain, etc... I guess one could use a tactical neutron type bomb to minimize radioactivity and impact on physical resources and such, but I don't think anyone in their *right* mind would allow that to happen. I can tell you I'm not going to move to Ecuador based on one report, but others seem to think that South America may be a safer place. I would argue that it would not be to escape nuclear fallout, but rather to be away from population centers and have access to valuable resources such as water and land to grow food. Most of us will not have the ability to up and leave, so we will have to prepare accordingly and make our stand wherever we are.
Excalibur is offline   Reply With Quote