View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 09:35 AM   #6
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Default Re: Is The Militairy-Industrial Complex Threatening To Kill Obama? YES!

Hi Trancoso,

Interesting articles. It's clear that the MIC has taken over, we can see this even from the initial stages as warned by Dwight Eisenhower in his famous speech.

The great problem with this is that success is regarded by these people in the way of expansion. If they can't expand they will deem themselves as any comercial company would, as a failure.

The problem is that expansion gets more and more aggressive as time goes on, for example 10% growth of 10 is 1. 10% growth of 100 is 10. It means that if the initial beginning the MIC was the size of '10', now it needs to grow more than its' original size to keep up with its' own percentage growth, if you can understand what I mean.

This means that current presidents (I think from Reagan) and future presidents will need to be more drastic in the military area for the MIC to keep growing. This means more invasions, more wars, more natural disaster relief etc.

It could well be, and I'm putting my neck on the line, that the government needs to kill the MIC immediately before it gets too out of hand.

Best regards,

Steve
Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote