View Single Post
Old 11-14-2009, 03:18 AM   #2993
Ravens and Doves
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: _AVALON LOUNGE_ Open 24 hours

[QUOTE=Luminari;187735][B]The abusive messages to all of us are unacceptable and if it goes any further I will be requesting a ban on that member.

Ok I'd like to move on now... Can we return to normality please? Another energy clearance is in order.

Dear Loomy and Friends,

Thank you for the "Under the Milky Way" clip. It's been one of my favorites since it came out. Why can't there be more such music on the radio? I can't stand the violent, sexist rap I heard so much of at a job I had a couple years ago. All day, the same songs over and over again. I couldn't complain because I was new and didn't want out the door.

I'll never get over the night I saw a friend who had an Oscar nomination for best song (and it was VERY beautiful and original) loose to a cheap rap number that went "It's Hard to be a Pimp." (then loose that crowd and get a day job... not allways easy, but quite do-able!!!). At least her flick "Crash" won Best Picture, but still, it's a classic case of reverse discrimination. The rap song, words, melody and performance was poor by ALL standards.

Speaking of nasty stuff, I missed the flame toss here. All the better because I tend to be easily caught up in those dramas.

Oh, the reason for my post. I missed the screanings of "2012" and even missed openning night as my partner, Leslie, just got news of possible ovarian cancer and needs support for her biopsy Monday. Please send her your thoughts (and thanks for the compliment, Giovoni, she still looks good like that back and white photo, but like so many women, does not believe in her natural beauty and has low self esteem).

The 2012 reviews point out generic acting and a whole hour of "WHOA!!! Look out! Bang! BOOM! ZAP!!!" and on and on.

I'm a Si Fi fan, but if The End of The World is going to be that kind of a quick amusment park ride, let's have on with it and get it over with quick.

I shouldn't review a film before seeing it, but I'm still more excited about a Wilcock/Kassidy/Ryan (and?) project that will really move people to something new. They know what's making the clock tick (and keeping their ears on the ground for changes) and I can't imagine anything but something truly classic coming out of them. The last great "Gone With the Wind" before we might ACTUALLY be GONE with the wind (or not).

Anybody see 2012? Thoughts? (I'm waiting until Leslie's back on her feet next week. Like Miriam, we see all of the End-of-the-Wrolds to guage the public wind).

Leslie at lower right of album home page:

www.home.earthlink.net/~paul_perner/

Happy Endings to All,

Paul
Ravens and Doves is offline   Reply With Quote