View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 08:55 PM   #10
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Why making God unfashionable never works..

I chose to go to hell? What was I thinking? Now I'm reduced to trying to get people to air-condition the place! http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15878

Thank-you Beren. I think I will reread the Bible from a Humanistic Christocentric Egyptological Science Fiction point of view. (Seriously!) Sort of a cross between Robert H. Schuller, Albert Schweitzer (his whole life and writings), Ralph Ellis (Jesus: Last of the Pharaohs), and Stargate SG-1. JB Phillips was wrong when he wrote 'Your God is Too Small'. Our God is too BIG. We've made God into a fairy-tale...and a nightmare in many cases. Our Theology is Too Small. It's time to take off the blinders and the gloves...and get real...real fast. Studying all of the Gospels (not just the four)...with a Strong's (not Young's) Concordance...using Grammatical-Historical Hermeneutics (rather than Subjective-Eisegesis)...would be an excellent approach. You know...using the words of Jesus as a theological home-base...and working outward from there. A group of White Hat Jesuits should start a Society of the Teachings of Jesus. The big question is...will I actually do this? I mean well...but I have a very weak follow-through. I'm a tempest in a teapot...and the spooks (or the Jesuits) shouldn't waste their time on me. Actually...they probably don't even know who I am!

Namaste

Last edited by orthodoxymoron; 02-17-2010 at 10:58 PM.
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote