View Single Post
Old 11-09-2008, 04:22 PM   #57
RSF
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: U.s. Gov't will collapse before summer 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightbk View Post
Well that is where your wrong.

The Treasury has virtually unlimited power to do whatever is necessary and with all the other countries in the world working together, they will do whatever they want, including printing money.

Ah yes, but printing only works for a while right? True, but the current system is based on illusion and they know it and because they are all in on it, the illusion will continue. The Fed has been printing money for a century now like crazy and all the dire predictions of "it will collapse" have not happened for a reason.

The problem with people making predictions is that they view the world through logical terms. Unfortunately, the world isn't logical, especially in the realm of government finance. Once you accept that fact, it all becomes clear as to why the world keeps running like it does, when anybody running their business in the same manner would go broke in a week.

The current system will go on because the world wants it to go on.

That doesn't mean we wont have 5 or 10 bad years, but I am NOT fearful of a collapse to "third world" conditions because that is impossible in our current system.

What I fear is our government turning to oppression to force us to do what they want us to do. That is the more likely scenario.
---

I've read your point but agree with little of it. You make a lot of statements without any supporting facts.
One fact is, payment from US Dollars to Euro Dollars is crawling accross the oil nations like a sand storm. I believe this may have been one of the major reasons Bush2 Invaded Iraq as Iraq was going to change the payment plan. This may have started an oil-filled domino effect.

But we both know this thread is about the suggestion of "US Gov Collapse before summer/09"
I'm confident that will not happen, the economy crunch IS in the process of collapsing.

RSF
RSF is offline   Reply With Quote