Thread: Indigo
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2008, 08:45 AM   #34
Bonnie
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Indigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart of Gold View Post
There are many misunderstandings about the Indigo Child thing. It's not an aura color. It's a life color. http://indigochild.com "It is the result of scientific observations by a woman who has the brain disorder called synesthesia." http://web.mit.edu/synesthesia

Yes, its a label, like we call a chair a chair and a table a table and manage to have a conversation about things we care about. How else do we communicate until we become telepathic????:?????

Why is the indigo label so important? Well, I'll tell you a first hand story. I am one of the contributors to the first book called, "The Indigo Children." One day in my email I rececived a call for contributors. It said these Indigo children were being "MISDIAGNOSED" with ADD/ADHD and were being put on ritalin. They tend to be bright, precocious, and quite simply refuse to bow to the age old tactics for controlling children's behaviors, so they were being drugged into complyling. This book was to educate parents, teachers, etc. and was a collection of information from contributors to help everyone cope without drugging the children and to understand children were coming in with new gifts such as remembering past lives, being psychic, etc.

That's what the first book was about - not about some special person brat children in some "speshul" category. The whole concept now has a complete encyclopedia of disinformation about it. I suppose some have taken the label to an exteme form of "I'm so special, I'm Indigo." But I haven't seen that so much as 100's of parents coming to me for help, and seeing the joy an Indigo feels when they can finally connect in the discussion groups with others like themselves.

If anyone is interested in discussion groups specific to indigo children, parents, and adults PM me for the info. This doesn't seem like a very friendly place for the Indigo topic.
Thanks for guiding me in the right direction.
Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote