View Single Post
Old 03-05-2010, 10:55 PM   #108
bashi
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: No Food - No Fear

The fruit-juice mix can change in the third week: The percentage of the fruit juice can be doubled. You are free to drink as much as you like.
I followed the advice and did change the percentage, but felt no difference.
I still had problems with my low blood pressure and slowly started small daily strolls, which I gradually expanded. But be careful: Your body might not be adjusted jet, and any extended physical stress during that phase can have grave consequences. I experience it myself when I did some heavy physical work for less than 2 hours during the 4th week. I was very exhausted afterwards, and rested the following day, without a stroll. You can recognize this stress also in the weight table for the 23rd/24th day
You have to realize that, for some people, the body takes its time to adapt to the new situation. I have obviously that kind of body, and there is no quick fix to it.

At the end of the 4th week I started reducing the fruit-juice content back to the same percentage as on the 2nd week. My intent was to gradually reduce the fruit-content, so that I will drink in the end only water.

But I encountered another difficulty: My body came up with another very strong addiction: The craving for TASTE.
It was not hunger, but the absence of taste, which made me uncomfortable. I wanted to taste simple, natural food, like an almond or a good bread.
I somehow buffered it by simply remembering different tastes. I do not know whether this was the right thing to do, but it somehow satisfied that desire. This craving came in waves and subsided then again. I believe that these symptoms are only temporary, while my complete system changed - including long time engraved habits - and that it would have subsided after some time.

One very positive change is the transformation of the body itself: I was not sweating, even during the heavy work in the 4th week. No body odour was generated. To test it, i was wearing one skirt continuously for 12 days without noticing a change.
The daily shower seemed to be not necessary, but I still maintained it. Apart from ESP experiences, the sensory limits of the nose and ears were extended.

My kitchen became a desolated room and I noticed that I created virtually no waste, apart from occasional empty juice tetra-packs. The orange-skin, from my trial with fresh juice, started to mushroom alone in the empty bin and kitchen table and cooker slowly started to gather dust.

The independence from food created a new freedom, which I was starting to really enjoy. While doing my small strolls, I remembered the Indian sadhus walking on the streets. I felt somehow like being completely free, like them. There was only the need for only a handful of water, which mother Earth will lovingly give.
I remembered an Indian saying: “What does a sadhu, if the wind blows unpleasantly into his face during a walk? He simply turns around and walks into another direction.”
It was a similar feeling, like being able to walk freely into any direction of life...

Last edited by bashi; 03-06-2010 at 04:31 PM.
bashi is offline   Reply With Quote