View Single Post
Old 10-17-2008, 08:54 PM   #23
vesta
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Airport admits 'strip search' body scanners WILL show people naked

Hi all,

at this point in time here in Australia we've been told that TPTB are in the 'trialling phase' of this product........ we still have a choice as to which method of screening we elect to take.

Personally I would much rather semi-strip in a queue and place all metal objects, mobile, belts, shoes etc and bags onto trays to be put through an x-ray machine and then go thru the gateway device as we already do, that is much less invasive than this new technology.

As a female I do not have faith in the system that says they cannot match a face to a body and when it's that time of the mth if a woman still needs to travel I believe she shouldn't be put thru any extra duress as your emotions tend to be more sensitive then anyways, it is a violation of privacy no matter how much we are told how great the technology is! I can assure others in this thread my husband would also be affronted for me on this issue, (and this comes from a mutual respect), he cares about my personal wellbeing and he has sat here next to me reading all the posts this morning, (if anyone wishes to deride that can we pls leave it off this thread....)

Oh and by the way, nobody has bothered to mention the thought of how much radiation we might be exposed to each time we go through one of these marvels of new technology, for those that travel frequently does this set you up for other problems down the track with high exposure rates? Just throwing the questions out there for someone in the industry to perhaps answer for us all!

No fear factor for me just want to maintain my abundant freewill in choosing what I expose myself to!

Blessings to all for participating in this lively discussion,

Vesta.
vesta is offline   Reply With Quote