View Single Post
Old 03-13-2010, 08:19 PM   #32
NancyV
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Getting pretty ridiculous

Bill, with the support of the staff, has a right to organize Avalon in any way he wishes to do so. Speculating on whether or not one will be a part of Avalon 2 is an exercise in futility as the process for participation has not yet been revealed. Most likely the vast majority of members will be allowed to register so it seems that only ones individual fear factor is causing some of the negativity. Even if there is a strict criteria for participation, so what. If I am not invited or allowed to participate I certainly would not wish to remain where I don't fit or where others think I don't belong.

Anyone who thinks an online forum can operate effectively while allowing rampant negativity free reign is living in LALA Land. If you wish the overall vibes to be more positive than negative, the moderators must edit, censor, boot and ban. Such is the reality of the Internet and of human nature. How they perform those tasks will vary from moderator to moderator as they all have their different styles.

I don't know how Avalon will evolve nor do I concern myself with it. It will evolve as it evolves and I have no control over it. I come here to find things I enjoy and ignore what does not appeal to me instead of expecting everything to be a perfect fit to my tastes and preferences. There are many wonderful people here and some great information. Bills interview style appeals to me and I'm happy he is now in sole charge of his own projects and Avalon, along with the fantastic managing skills of the moderators who work their butts off as a service to this site.

If the PTB have some disruptors here then hopefully they will be nice or they will be gone. There is no way to be sure if the PTB even think this forum is important enough to monitor and/or disrupt. Bill and Kerry would get the most interest and attention. But if there are interested agents of the PTB here, it comes with the territory. Might as well relax and enjoy the game.

Nancy
NancyV is offline   Reply With Quote