View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 09:41 PM   #149
NancyV
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: I could have done the McCollum interview..

Chamber, I'm curious what you would think if a person being interviewed answered the question you posed, "Why should anyone watching believe what you are saying?", with an answer like "I don't really give a **** (choose your own graphic 4 letter word) what anyone thinks about what I say or if they believe me or not."

To me this would be a GREAT response and would indicate that the person telling his/her story has no need of approval and is confident enough within himself that he does not need the agreement or belief of anyone else. I know this is what I have said when asked that question. My husband has been asked that several times when telling his experiences and basically he doesn't care what anyone else thinks or believes.

I would hope that MOST interviewees, including Aaron, would feel this way, since there will always be many who criticize and call you a liar if you tell your story. We are much more centered when our sense of self worth does not depend upon any corroboration from others and cannot be shaken by other's disbelief or criticism. Why Kerry doesn't ask that question, I don't know, but it's possible many would find it insulting if they were told "I don't care WHAT you think about my experiences!". So perhaps Kerry is wise to NOT ask it.

Nancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamber View Post

If I could make a single suggestion on any and all future interviews....it would be to ask the whistleblower this question...

Why should anyone watching believe what you are saying?

The answer to that...or more specifically the reaction to that question would speak volumes about the person being asked.
NancyV is offline   Reply With Quote