View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 07:55 PM   #17
Myplanet2
In The Mists

Default Re: Cliff High on Veritas: Jan 5/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by manticore View Post
The key here THUNDERBIRD is the word VOLUNTARY. Someone who exercises free will and purchases a subscription, does it because he/she finds value. I hope your respect that.

Cheers,

Mel
This comment leaves a bit of a bitter taste in my ears. If your promotional gimmicks weren't so obviously manipulative, it would be a different story. 5 min teaser. dumbed down 1st hour free. pay for the real content, except.... that it's bundled with 3 months of other stuff you may not be interested in. Plus the chasing people around with lawyers appears to come straight out of the "that's mine...that's mine...get your own..." mentality.

If someone wants to charge money for acting as a middle man, and putting potential buyers together with the actual creators of original value, that's one thing. But to manipulate people into buying more than the value they are interested in, is a practice which will follow other old paradigm practices down the toilet with a sigh of good riddance.

There'd be no complaint from me, if trick promo actions weren't used, and if the value one offered was available by itself. If I want Clif, I should be able to buy Clif, and nobody else packaged along for 15 times the cost.

MP2
Myplanet2 is offline   Reply With Quote