View Single Post
Old 11-22-2008, 11:45 AM   #38
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

Default Re: why cant we have bananas on avalon

Eureka! OMG, what heavenly relief!
Everything holds still now. No more hitting the escape key every time I load a new forum page. I would say the difficulty level is VERY EASY.

I'll miss out on a bit of action, but joyful moments like these are rare indeed.
to humpin bananatards

http://www.ehow.com/how_2315723_.html

Instructions
Difficulty: Moderately Easy
Step1
Start your Firefox browser and open a new window. Visit a website you know features animated images. Identify an animated image in your browser. Wait for it to load completely.
Step2
Press the ESC key on your keyboard.
Step3
Type "about:config" in the browser's address bar and press Enter. Allow the list to populate.
Step4
Enter "image.animation_mode" into the filter field and let the single result show under Preference Name.
Step5
Double-click on the result. Type "none" in place of "normal" in the Enter String Value pop-up.
Step6
Click OK. Close all windows and completely exit the browser.
Step7
Restart Firefox to enjoy an animation-free web browsing experience.

To stop animated images in Internet Explorer, first open the browser. Click on the Tools menu and choose Internet Options. Select the Advanced tab and identify the Settings portion of the tab. Under Multimedia, uncheck the Play Animations in Webpages option and click OK to exit the Internet Options pop-up. Close all windows and exit Internet Explorer before restarting the browser.

Last edited by Karen; 11-22-2008 at 11:50 AM.
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote