View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 05:11 PM   #11
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Bring back payed subscriptions

Both methods have their pros and con-artists! Seriously...either way it's a challenge and a mental exercise. Perhaps Avalon should have a paid-members section...and an open-season section! Or perhaps three sections: 1. Paid access only - no participation or viewing unless you are a paid member in good and regular standing. 2. The paid forum we have had for the past year. 3. The non-paid open-season forum we presently have. Each model has it's advantages and disadvantages...but the current model is the most chaotic...and requires the thickest skin.

The paid forum must have generated $40K-$50K over the past year. Is this funding no longer required? Has there been an infusion of capital? Actually...it's probably none of my business. In any case...for better or for worse...the Forbidden Knowledge Genie has been let out of the bottle...and a variety of formats will be required to manage this Rebellious Genie! The Alphabet Agents and Jesuits must be very busy people (and ET's?) these days! I feel as though the next few years are going to be crazy...but that things will mellow out after that. But what the heck do I know?

Namaste

Last edited by orthodoxymoron; 12-16-2009 at 05:21 PM.
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote