View Single Post
Old 12-20-2009, 03:27 AM   #1
Mephane
Avalon Senior Member

Default Does this sound familiar?

I have been wondering for some time, whether anyone else ever heard a specific... word that's been in my head ever since a rather specific dream I had in my childhood.

In order to try to not influence any responses, I won't say what the dream was about, and what I think it might mean or describe. I'd just like to hear if it resonates with anyone, and if yes, what they think about it. Later then I can tell what I have experience and think about it.

I don't know how it should actually be written, as I only have the sound of it in my mind. Well, here is how I'd spell it, with each letter's pronounciating explained:

Quote:
Dijkartjem
The i sounds like something in between ee like in "glee" and a like in "day".
The first j sounds like the y in "year".
The a sounds like in "car".
The e sound the a in "ham".
The second j is rather complicated. It sounds like a mixture between the y in "yes" and a specific sound that doesn't exist in the English language and native-English-speaking people typically find hard to pronounce, like that high-pitch variant of the German ch sound, like "München" (the ch has three variants in the German language: spoken as a "k", as the high-pitch ch-sound and the low-pitch ch-sound, the latter variant is also known in Hebrew.).

Maybe it is actually two or three seperate words, I do not know, but I only recall them together. I'd appreciate any constructive input, as this word has been following me in my thoughts for years now...
Mephane is offline   Reply With Quote