View Single Post
Old 09-21-2008, 01:39 AM   #22
Zynox
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Capitalism, Sustainability, and the Possibility of Global Collapse

Folks, Friends,

This may turn out to be a long post, I am never certain when I plant the seed how high the tree will grow.

We have somewhat diverted from HistoryCircus' (not sure where to put that apostrophe, the old rules escape me) post, yet I really am enthused by what we are discussing here, so many cool tangents.

I am fortunate (how the hell that happened or why escapes me) to have no debt and a minor preservation of wealth (so far!), 90% in metal. Yet, with all my engagement in research and exposure to great writers and minds, I still get enchanted by the memes, perhaps because they are so numerous and well orchestrated and financed, I DUNNO!

What I have found is most intriging, and that is, statistically unproven, 99.23145 % of the US population doesn't seem to recall honest money, backed by restrictive silver and gold. I routinely give silver dollars as tips when I eat out, and often the 'value' of the tip is 40-90% of the bill. I slip these discretely into the check holder with a business card sized deal that says "Your service has been as precious to me as this genuine silver dollar" and goes on to briefly talk about the shenanigans amplified by fiat paper money, the Federal Reserve and that it all leads to war.

I always glance later, hanging out like a spy, to gauge reactions, and mostly, recipients are excited to hold it, to show it off and usually it passes many hands. All I can conclude from these fun moments is that there is some core gene, some core knowing, some core magnetic attraction by humans to these elusive metals. In the end, as I have exhaustively exposed and expelled here on Avalon, the stuff is a tool, a mechanism to control the government, to limit war and to preserve wealth as we transition, from here/now to there/now.

~ namaste / Attracted to Shiny Metals? ~
Zynox is offline   Reply With Quote