View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 09:15 PM   #13
Jeff
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: An apology from Icelanders

peacelovinman, I'm trying to say this respectfully; I have a hard time accepting personal responsibility for what is happening. I certainly did not profit from any of these global financial machinations. I would never have chosen for this to happen. It seems to me that taking responsibility for the crimes of others doesn't solve the problem and actually lets the guilty get away with what they have done.

I feel my personal responsibility lies in what I do with all of this. When I read about what was happening in Iceland, I felt sick inside for the people. I hate the fact that so many people in the country I live in, contributed to this collapse. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I feel a kinship and a brotherhood with those in Iceland. I may be in their position next week at this time.

I feel my personal responsibility is to become as selfless and loving as I can be and to find ways to be of service to those in need. I've been trying to come up with ways that I can help. I really believe we are all from the same source and that I may find meaning in expressing that in my life instead of living for my own separate desires.

Of course, I'm saying this before I actually start starving... I've bought supplies for my family, but I can't see me being able to watch my neighbors starve while I'm still eating. I already plan to make sure my son has food, even if I don't, but I don't know if I would ever be able to live with myself if I don't help others in this time of need.

I'm sorry I'm rambling... ATYT, I send you my deepest respect for your ability to forgive. You and your people are in my thoughts and prayers (as are the rest of this world).
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote