View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 11:54 AM   #109
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

Default Re: Project avalon 2.. Are you havin a laugh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
Just heard that the rules where mostly copied from David Wilcock's site so that explains why they are so rubbish
Actually Swanny, they are a quite common set of forum/discussion group rules.

I've been hosting yahoo groups for over 10 years and studied the subject quite a bit.

A set of rules became the custom back in early days of bulletin boards because human nature is to descend into a flurry of flame wars sending insults back and forth, attempting to out do the other in the piercing quality of the insult.

Basically our main rule is to be respectful, and don't name call and send personal attacks.

It is our wish that the forum not descend into the likes of the God Like Productions (GPL) forum. The moderators would prefer to not have to take any action against anyone. We all hate doing it and discuss almost every action with each other. People have made wild exaggerations that the mods are on some power trip. I don't see that at all.

And I still quit - I'm sick of being trashed for working so hard. I'm just helping out a bit as the current situation is so overwhelming.