View Single Post
Old 09-11-2008, 05:09 AM   #18
murnut
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: How can We take the Bible seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maya12-21-2012 View Post
I guess you didn't know that the bible was plagerized from the Egyptians.

I've read the bible and can appreciate the morals it provides. I can appreciate the parables as well but the number of contradicting statements makes it hard to give credence to validity.

In my opinion, religion is a HUGE scam. I believe we have an ultimate creator and most likely, it's a FEMALE because women are the ones who CREATE, not men.

Think about it.

Do you drop to your knees to pray to your God? I don't. My God wants to be treated like a best friend, not worshipped. He and/or she doesn't walk in front of me nor does he and/or she walk behind me...he and/or she walks next to me.

This is the most comfortable I've ever felt about religion. Please bear in mind that Iim not trying to convert you away from Christianity!!! I respect your belief system but don't agree with it.

Can we meet halfway and agree to disagree?
I am a Friend

http://www.quaker.org/friends.html

edit

I agree with some of your post, I don't go to church, yes there are many that are hypocrites, but there are many as such, not having anything to do with religion.

Human condition issue

Contradicting statements perhaps imply a need for deeper understanding.

How many conflicting statements are found at PC by insiders?

Are they all true?

Find the light which is true in your heart, and this cannot be accomplished by tearing down the beliefs of others.

Some truths will speak to you and some won't.

The light is within all of us....whether you want it or not, and so is the darkness.

This is which makes us human.

The important part is for some type of understanding to occur,

This happens on a personal basis.

Last edited by murnut; 09-11-2008 at 05:19 AM.
murnut is offline   Reply With Quote