View Single Post
Old 10-17-2008, 12:22 AM   #2
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The need to constantly consume

Nice post Luigi !

I don't think I can offer advice, but only reflect on my own life. Maybe that can help ?

I remember studying maths at school and doing equations. They said if you have three elements in an equation and two unknowns, you can find the third. If you have four elements and three unkowns you can find the fourth.

If however you have four elements and only two knowns...then you can spend pages rewriting the equations, but you will never discover the two unkowns.

My point ? Not enough information, means no result.

I have often felt as you do. I am ready to do something , but I have no idea what. when I look at the things around me, at the possibilities of 'normal' jobs and lifestyles, they do not fit. I am not 'cut out' for life as it is now.

Maybe it's only wishful thinking , and an indication as to why so many find solace in 'impending doom' scenarios... that maybe then we will become the person who is perfectly fit for coping and living in the new lifestyle. Perhaps you will then be a rock to others, you will have the necessary talents.

Or maybe you have just not come to that point in life that you were built for. Perhaps you are a concert pianist, but you don't know it yet? Or you will be the world's greatest gardner. who knows?

Some wines are drinkable from the off, but the better ones take time in their development.

Good luck in your search. Take heart. There is only one of you. You are perfect for the life you will lead.

peace n love

K
Kulapops is offline   Reply With Quote