View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 11:46 PM   #2
bashi
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Swineflu : The next wave

A general question is: What is better, total PREVENTION or CURE while suppressing the Cytokine Storm ?

Lets discuss CURE first, because there are people out there, which think that they can beat or cure the Cytokine Storm (CS) triggered by mutated H1N1. To beat the CS, you will have to know first what really a CS is and how it manifests in the body. Also you will have to know the timeframe of its dynamics, because there might be a situation where you will ask yourself: WHAT TO DO NEXT? Just one wrong or delayed decision will cost your life.
A typical schematic is :

So it is clear that it’s just a matter of hours to do the right thing. But what exactly?
I have mentioned the trial of the drug TGN1412, which caused a Cytokine Storm in the tested persons. It’s good to make mistakes, because it accelerates the learning process. The concentration of certain cytokines vs time was measured during the trial:

This test person was monitored by medical professionals 24 hours in a hospital with all facilities at hand. Without that its absolutely sure that the person would have died. The triggering substance was administered only once at the beginning.
I do not now the level by which cytokines are causing irreversible havoc in the body, it might be individually different, but I do know that only 20 minutes after injection of TGN1412 an indescribable agony started for the test persons (see previous posted link). I you look at the graph, it gives the start of the agony at a level below 100 units for all measured cytokines, except the “Blue “ one which is below maybe 500 units after 20 minutes.
It means that if you want to avoid a CS you will have to suppress 95-99% of the production of cytokines. That’s for a one time dose of a triggering substance during a medical test trial in a hospital. But you will be at home with a fast growing number of viruses in your lung !
That’s a dim outlook.
Several commonly available substances have proven to be effective as suppressing the immunological response: Garlic, Ginko, Green Tea, Cod Oil, Turmeric, Milk Thistle, Ginseng, St. John Wort , etc.
But how much will they suppress the CS? Here some data:

The level of Curcumin in the blood peaks 2 hours after Turmeric intake and lasts for 12 hours. The bioavailability of Curcumin is increased up to 2000% (times 20 !!) if taken combined with Piperine (Pepper).

I do not know whether the different substances will work additive in the CS suppression or just overlapping. I guess that, if a combination of above mentioned substances are taken in simultaneously, then there shall be an advantage against the intake of just the best suppressing substance.
The main point is: NONE of these substances is coming only near the required 95-99% suppression !!! They are definitely helpful during a “normal” pussy-cat flu, but not in fighting this Tiger.

The question is also what is happening in the lungs while you are fighting the CS. Because ANY damage done there is more or less irreparable. Maybe you can survive the CS, but may end up livelong on a 100% oxygen respirator.
Here some pictures:

This is how healthy alveoli look like :

There about 400 Million alveoli in each lung. It’s obviously a very fragile structure.
The CS in the lungs is just like an elephant in a china shop.
Here some post-mortem pics:

Original text:
1. “The specimen shows necrosis of bronchiolar walls (top arrow),
2. a neutrophilic infiltrate (middle arrow), and diffuse
3. alveolar damage with prominent hyaline membranes (bottom arrow). “

Translated:

1. Dead alveolar walls (top arrow),
2. Too many White blood cells (middle arrow),
3. Blocking of the alveolar membranes by a fibrinogen process, the same as an open wound would built a crust. On top of that an additional airtight seal (bottom arrow)

A more clear picture of the hyaline seals is :

Original Text:
“Early hyaline membrane disease. Note the fibrin condensed in the alveolar space (hematoxylin-eosin, original × 10). Thin arrow = hyaline membrane lining the alveolar space; thick arrow = fibrinoid necrosis”

and

Original Text:
“Loss of capillary structural integrity, with alveolar and interstitial hemorrhage (hematoxylin-eosin, original × 20). Star = pulmonary edema; thin arrow = hemosiderin-laden macrophages; thick arrows = early alveolar hemorrhage.”

The hyaline membranes are made out of proteins and saccharides from the blood-plasma which has leaked into the alveoli. They are additioally blocking the oyxgen transfer very effectively .
It looks as if the damaging effect of the white and red blood cells are different:
The White Cells are flooding and clotting the lungs during the infection. They can do that even without a CS. Because they have the ability to penetrate normal fuctioning membranes. The clotting is maybe due to the massive viral load.
The red cells can only penetrate into the alveoli after the CS has opened the membranes. After direct contact with oxygen, the alveoli membrane is blocked by building a crust.
In any case, it becomes clear that the Tiger is causing irreparable havoc in various ways simultaniously.
Therefore the better approach is to concentrate on PREVENTION than on CURE. You have to stop the Tiger right at the window glass.

Here are two very important pictures:

It is very clear that more of the younger ones are dying in 2009. But most importantly, it clearly shows that in 2009 the old ones are getting sick, but are NOT dying as much.
That´s a clear indication that the cause of death in 2009 is the CYTOKINE STORM AND NOT THE VIRUS !!!

Here is something i stumbled upon. It’s a professional pandemic model study from 2006, in which they are using different hypotetical parameters. These models are used for insuring risk. The worst case scenario is:
A “reassorted” virus with a mortality rate of the H5N1 (here assumed to be 33%) and the infection rate of H1N1. It is assumed that new virus kills by a cytokine storm (how good they are at predicting…). They call the virus “The Nigerian Virus” :

Model Apo (sorry no files...)

So now finally, here comes the positive section. If you dare to prepare, then you will not fear the Tiger.
A temporary collapse of the infrastructure is more than likely In case of a global very severe pandemic. It means that, while Garlic and fresh things might be good for prevention, there might be a disruption in the supply of fresh things. So to prevent/cure practically, something is needed that is very effective and has a long shelf-live. Something is needed which can be stocked now and will remain effective even after years…

If the mutated H1N1 attacks, then you will face this situation:

I just like the picture, even if it is not a leopard. As long as the Tiger remains behind the glass, you will be OK. Prevention is like you will push the glass back in order to avoid it breaking. But once it is broken, the whole game will change completly. A deadly combat struggle will ensue, where you will need to take drastic action in order to survive.
It means as long as you can prevent the virus from penetration or settlement into your system, you will stay out of trouble. But once it’s in and the Cytokine Storm starts, the chances are high that you might go down, if you are unprepared.
If you are “lucky” you will be admitted into ICU and the following might happen:

or end up like this...

So, I prefer to remain “unlucky” and do my own stuff. I have roamed in different continents for centuries and got nearly every nasty sickness you can imagine, except Yellow Fever, AIDS and Lyme. But Typhus, Hepatitis, Malaria, Dengue etc., they were all my good pussy cat friends…

Regarding prevention, let me mention first what I would NOT do:
1. Vaccination.
The H1N1 virus mutates very quickly. During the time needed to develop a vaccine, it has already mutated into immunity against that vaccine. The (mutant) H1N1 is a very fast replicating organism. The influenza virus has no proof-reading mechanism to detect and correct small errors that occur when the virus copies itself. This allows for constant stepwise changes in their genetic makeup termed antigenic drift. Although small, these slight variations keep people susceptible to infection even if vaccinated (with an already outdated vaccine). Not to mention the side effects…

2. I would NOT take honey, Kimchi, chocolate, elderberry, Echinacea and Spirulina (has been posted before), Aspirin and Hydrogen peroxide.

About Aspirin: Some people in the net are suggesting Aspirin as prevention and cure. In my opinion you will just kill yourself if you use Aspirin during a CS. First, it will suppress the initial symptoms, if the flu starts. So you might not notice them until it’s too late. Second, it will dilute your blood, which is not very helpful during a CS, because it will increase the seeping of plasma and blood into the lungs. Third, it will not effect the virus itself.
Although Aspirin is a COX-2 inhibitor (COX-2 is a precursor for cytokine-production), its damage during a Cytokine Storm (CS) by far outweighs its benefits. In WW1, during the Spanish Flu, very often Aspirin was given as medication. In 1918 "The Journal of the American Medical Association” suggested a dose of 1,000 milligrams every three hours.
Here are some cut-outs from that time, reporting the results :

I think that says all about Aspirin during a CS.
By the way, Dr Dudley was using homeopathic medicine…

About using Hydrogen peroxide (HP):
HP is a very strong oxidant. The second strong one after Ozone:

HP is known to kill healthy living cells in vitro and in vivo. If you do not apply the right concentration, then you might end up like this:

HP actually plays a VERY important role in the way how macrophages are eating bacteria and viruses. After getting into the physical vicinity of the virus, the macrophage (another name is phagocyte) will attach itself to the virus or envelop it:

In reality it looks like:

In the picture is actually shown how a macrophage eats two bacteria. Viruses are much much smaller and would not show up at this magnification.

Then the macrophage (or phagocyte) produces the HP locally at the macrophage-virus-joint. That HP is used to destroy the shell or other parts of the virus by oxidation, a so called “oxidative burst”. That burst destroys the virus (Lysis) :

The pic shows a virus being destroyed by Lysis.

After the macrophage has digested the bacterium or virus, it will die and dissolve itself. That’s what actually creates the white pus.

“Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.” Marc Twain

bashi is offline   Reply With Quote