View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 11:19 AM   #15
pandora
Avalon Senior Member

Smile Re: Would you believe your own eyes?

I have to say that although i was frozen with fear until the burning sensation i felt quite able to move.. was just too fearful to do so... haven't read any accounts of people who were also able to move.. it's what seperates it for me from anyone who mentions sleep paralysis.. I have experienced sleep paralysis when i was about 13. I was trying to send my body to sleep whilst keeping my mind awake so i could have an out of body experience.. i had failed on many occasions and had just woken up in the morming with a feeling of annoyance because i had fallen asleep. However.. one night, i tried again and after what felt like about an hour i didn't feel as if i was succeeding and decided to give up.. at that moment i tried to move.. I couldn't.. it was like being trapped in a body.. it absolutely freaked me out and i fought for my body to function.. after 10-15 seconds i could move again.. i think to this day that i was maybe on the verge of stepping out of myself but having never experienced the sensation of not being able to move before.. was quite terrified. I have never tried to do it again!
pandora is offline   Reply With Quote