View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 01:00 AM   #41
Linda
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Whistleblower Laura Magdalene Eisenhower, Ike’s great-granddaughter, outs secret

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljwjr View Post
I have tried to get even basic background on this from Laura and Alfred. For example Laura being an Eisenhower. I've not been able to find her name on any Family tree for Eisenhower.

Susan Eisenhower On Family: Ten Frequently Asked Questions

1. How are you related to President Dwight Eisenhower?
I am a granddaughter.

2. Who is your father?
My father is John S.D. Eisenhower, a retired army general, former Ambassador to Belgium and military historian, and he was Ike and Mamie Eisenhower’s only surviving child. Their first child was a son named Doud Dwight, who died at the age of three.

3. Who is your mother?
Barbara Thompson Eisenhower (now Barbara Foltz). She too came from an Army family.

4. Do you have any siblings?
Yes. I am the third of four children. I have an older brother, Dwight David Eisenhower II (David); Barbara Anne (Anne) and a younger sister, Mary Jean (Mary).

5. Do you remember your grandparents?

Yes very well. I was almost eighteen years old when my grandfather died and nearly twenty-eight when my grandmother passed away. For many years we lived on a farm adjacent to theirs in Gettysburg Pennsylvania. I rode my grandfather’s horses.

6. Do you have children of your own?
Yes. I have three daughters: Caroline, Laura and Amy.
Linda is offline   Reply With Quote